Quest Means Business   « Back to Blog Main
March 31, 2009
Posted: 750 GMT
Share this on:
Re-Quest for Rich-hard business Quest   April 1st, 2009 5:40 am ET

The USA banks are bailed out, GM's CEO fueled out and stimilius packages drained out and the current fiasco of G20 will be redeemed back to square 1. Despite all this economic cost cutting procedures laid out by Mr. Obama, I request Mr. Richard to tell us a small bookkeeping entry "What will be the cost for transporting Mr.Obama to G20 meeting" and "How much the tax payer will be burdened on this with G19 luxurious hand shakes or introduction meeting". Peter Vaz, Goa. India

virender   April 1st, 2009 9:04 am ET

The root cause of financial problem is the way benefits are paid to top bosses in banks. Example can an employee get 1m bonus on 100k salary but a boss getting 2m can get 20m bonus. Bonus should be shared by whole company on equal percentage basis ie 3 months salary for everyone. In this crisis normal worker is suffering but big bosses get sacked with another few millions added to their bonus.

Second banks make products for themselves and not for customers. Go to an finacial advisor he will never sell you index fund till you ask for it.- why – becuase he does not get much out of it.. More than 90 per cent of people working in the bank do not understand the products their bank is selling!!!

Darwin   April 2nd, 2009 12:53 am ET

Here is an idea, since 90% of the worlds wealth is controlled by 10% of the world’s population; how about stimulating growth in the other 90% of the world's population, they are referred to as the third world.

In all the stimulus packages being passed we should not let go of our liberties for we will create a far greater problem for the next generation. The very institution we battled against in World War 2 can be created by our hasty action today.

Jacquelyn   April 3rd, 2009 7:25 am ET

Hi, Richard

That was hilariously argy-bargy. You and Anderson make an incorrigible pair. A nice balance of fun and fact on the programme this evening. Do you think the Paris leg of the trip will be as much fun?

Jacquelyn
(Canada )

Manuel Vilhena   April 4th, 2009 7:08 pm ET

Hello,

Regarding the G20 summit, I believe that someone has to take the lead of each country. The majority of the countries represented are democracies and citizens have voted from their lead.

I believe that presidents and prime ministers do their best representing and defending the interests of their countries.

In a recession, I believe that selfishness should be avoided and common goals should be put.

I believe that PM Brown is doing a good job when looking for global consensus.

Manuel,
Coventry, UK

adeola   April 6th, 2009 3:18 pm ET

G-20 summit was a success but what does Africa stand to benefit from this? Apart from the huge financial package announced for Africa which may not even be felt by an ordinary man, what are the other ways with which Africa can benefit from this summit?
what about stricter regulations for our financial sector? what about insulating vulnerable economies in Africa against future troubles? what about not recognising South Africa alone all the time and involving AU as a whole? the list is endless

Comments have been closed for this article

Powered by WordPress.com VIP